Saturday 25 January 2014

That time of year again - Loler - equipment maintenence


Had a Loler inspection this weekend, which was motivation enough to sort out a few bits of my kit that have needed some tlc. For starters a few of my karabinas have been sticking a bit lately, so they got a good soaking in hot soapy water, then properly dried and a tiny squirt of WD40 had them working as good as new


The other main thing to sort out was replacing the hitch cord on my main line and my side strop




I'm sure I'm not the only one guilty of leaving my hitch tied on too long. Trouble is when you've got it running really nice it seems such a shame to take it off, but as you can see from the picks maybe I need to change mine a little more often. 

I've used the hitch climber system since it came out, and before that a swing cheek pulley and I have always used hitch cord tied with fisherman's either end. This is partly because spliced eye to eyes are too expensive but mostly because they are way too long! I like my hitches tied real short, I find they jam less, tend nicer and most importantly there is virtually no sit back! 

Taped 

Cut

and then melted to seal the end and prevent fraying 


Then re tied and set 



No comments:

Post a Comment